Topic: Living and Non-Living Things
Level: Primary 3
In this topic, the we will learn the following:
1. What is living things and non-living things?
2. What are characteristics of living and non-living things?
3. What are some groups of living things?
4. What are some ways to classify non-living things?
Students need to know 4 basic characteristics of living things:
- Need air, water and food
- Can grow
- Respond to changes around them
- Can reproduce
For living things, students need to know 4 basic groups of living things, sub-groups of them, and be able to list examples from each groups. It is critical to see the BIG picture linking all of these groups, sub-groups, their characteristics etc.